Bubble gum digi not opening. Help please

person

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bubble gum digi frag. It is kinda bleached on some parts. I got it 3 days ago. I pasted it the first, the second passed, and today it fell so I repasted it. The bottom part of the frag broke off (that was my fault) and the polyps never opened as much as the should have. What do I do? Is the coral stressed? It is In the middle of my tank and has flow due to the HOB filter that dispenses water on top of it. Should I put up the light or just wait?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I got a bubble gum digi frag. It is kinda bleached on some parts. I got it 3 days ago. I pasted it the first, the second passed, and today it fell so I repasted it. The bottom part of the frag broke off (that was my fault) and the polyps never opened as much as the should have. What do I do? Is the coral stressed? It is In the middle of my tank and has flow due to the HOB filter that dispenses water on top of it. Should I put up the light or just wait?
Without pics, hard to determine but light and flow are the first things that come to mind as well as Low alk, low salinity and high phosphates- A few things to check. Mine does best closer to light under medium water flow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back