Can I keep a mixed reef at 6500k lighting?

BeastMode335i

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Cape coral, fl. The "midpoint bridge", connecting the Cape to ft myers, was fitted with these beautiful blueish/ white light street lamps a couple years ago; they said it was a mix up, people spoke out to keep them... I swear those bulbs would suit a reef tank very well. I wish I had a pic to share
Live in SW Cape myself, and I always joke around about those lights when I go over the bridge at night. I'm like "hey babe, ready for our UV sterilization?!?" lol. I heard it was a mistake as well, but they look pretty cool anyways.

purple-led-lights-midpoint-bridge.jpg

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live in SW Cape myself, and I always joke around about those lights when I go over the bridge at night. I'm like "hey babe, ready for our UV sterilization?!?" lol. I heard it was a mistake as well, but they look pretty cool anyways.

purple-led-lights-midpoint-bridge.jpg
That's the bridge, I love how it looks!! I live in sw Cape also, and 550i for me.. small world huh..

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the bridge, I love how it looks!! I live in sw Cape also, and 550i for me.. small world huh..
One thing I’ve found interesting, and not trying to derail the thread but a bulb that looks crisp white/blue on the outside always looked yellower on a tank (which I believe is the filtering effect of water)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back