Can I keep a mixed reef at 6500k lighting?

I live in Cape coral, fl. The "midpoint bridge", connecting the Cape to ft myers, was fitted with these beautiful blueish/ white light street lamps a couple years ago; they said it was a mix up, people spoke out to keep them... I swear those bulbs would suit a reef tank very well. I wish I had a pic to share
Live in SW Cape myself, and I always joke around about those lights when I go over the bridge at night. I'm like "hey babe, ready for our UV sterilization?!?" lol. I heard it was a mistake as well, but they look pretty cool anyways.

purple-led-lights-midpoint-bridge.jpg
 
Live in SW Cape myself, and I always joke around about those lights when I go over the bridge at night. I'm like "hey babe, ready for our UV sterilization?!?" lol. I heard it was a mistake as well, but they look pretty cool anyways.

purple-led-lights-midpoint-bridge.jpg
That's the bridge, I love how it looks!! I live in sw Cape also, and 550i for me.. small world huh..
 
That's the bridge, I love how it looks!! I live in sw Cape also, and 550i for me.. small world huh..
One thing I’ve found interesting, and not trying to derail the thread but a bulb that looks crisp white/blue on the outside always looked yellower on a tank (which I believe is the filtering effect of water)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new