Can I keep clams with these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Midasreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Midasreefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
104
Reaction score
54
Location
Ct
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!!!
I have a reef tank that's been running for about 3 years and I'm looking to start keeping clams. All my water perameters are perfect but I'm not sure if I can keep clams with the fish I have.
My stock:
1 Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
1 Bellus angel (she doesn't nip at any of my corals if that makes a difference)
2 Black Onyx Percula Clownfish
Any advice would be very appreciated, thank you!!!!!
 
Yes you could.
What kind of lights you have and ever had a PAR reading on your tank.
Clams needs lots of light.
 
I've had all those fish along with two Maxima's and had no problems. I did however have a problem with a Flame Angel that liked to nip at the mantle. You'll need an appropriate amount of light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new