Can I keep Corals

AquaAndrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished cycling my 6 foot 150 gallon tank, i would like to keep some corals but lighting is not in the budget at the moment, i have a 6 foot blue and white led light, its thin maybe 3 rows of leds. its bright but im sure not great spectrum from coral, is there any corals i could try under this cheap lighting until i can upgrade?
150.jpg

Hornet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out with Tubastrea Faulkneri because I did not have good lights on my tank. They're non-photosynthetic but require quite a bit of care in feeding to keep alive and happy.

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green palys or gsp would probably be fine. also you can buy some very cheap black box’s and grow almost anything.

OP
OP
A

AquaAndrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green palys or gsp would probably be fine. also you can buy some very cheap black box’s and grow almost anything.
Ive looked at the black box but all of them require wire hanging and id light something that attatches with an arm to the back of the tank, im sure i could make something but i dont want it to look cheap and i dont think i could just place them on the glass lids

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with GSP and I don't want them on my new 75g upgrade. They over grow the tank in no time. The Noopsyche K7 can grow anything but you will need like 4.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back