Can I keep these with butterflies

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMM744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
993
Location
Lima, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleaner shrimp, anemones, snails and cleaner type crabs? Anyone with experience please? Have a saddleback, raccoon, Klein’s, teardrop and dot dash. Will be in a 180.
Thanks, Jim
 
Butterflies will eat corals. Won’t bother anything else though, they’re usually pretty peaceful but can defend themselves using their spines if attacked.
 
That’s good to know. I really want to put cleaner shrimp in with them and a Bubbletip and pair old black snowflake clowns.
 
Ok, do you think the clowns will keep the Bubbletip safe? The female is pretty aggressive especially when spawning.
 
Are the clowns hosting in it already? There is guarantee that they will do so if they aren't already.
 
They are not. They had been doing so before but I had to pull them from the display when I found velvet in the tank.
 
They are not. They had been doing so before but I had to pull them from the display when I found velvet in the tank.
So then there is no guarantee that they will protect the anemone.
 
So then there is no guarantee that they will protect the anemone.
I think I can start the tank out with the clowns and a nem in it and let them get friendly then add the Butterflies. I have several bubble tips so if I lose one to fish food it won’t impact me much. They keep splitting , things are like a weed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new