Can i mix the lights?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 g6 xr30 pro. And my middle of the tank i want more spread. Can i get the xr30 g5? Or would it look weird

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works fine, you can tune the color if it bothers you, but I like having a little bit different color in a bit of my tank because some stuff looks better with a little different spectrum.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 g6 xr30 pro. And my middle of the tank i want more spread. Can i get the xr30 g5? Or would it look weird
Yeah you can absolutely do that, no issues at all! And it will not look weird! you might need to play around with the settings a little to get it all tuned in, but no issues!

How big is your tank- and what do you have in it? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you can absolutely do that, no issues at all! And it will not look weird! you might need to play around with the settings a little to get it all tuned in, but no issues!

How big is your tank- and what do you have in it? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Its 150G. 6 foot. Rigjt now candy canes, and octos, and big duncan.

IMG_6195.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 150G. 6 foot. Rigjt now candy canes, and octos, and big duncan.
Very, very nice! :star-struck: If you can get your hands on a gen. 5 light at a reasonable price go ahead with that!

I bought 15's and I have regretted it pretty much ever since. I supplement with blades on the sides now in stead with to be fair works well for me. I only have a 4 foot tank though.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very, very nice! :star-struck: If you can get your hands on a gen. 5 light at a reasonable price go ahead with that!

I bought 15's and I have regretted it pretty much ever since. I supplement with blades on the sides now in stead with to be fair works well for me. I only have a 4 foot tank though.
I did. Haha. I tested a zoa frag in the middle of my tank, and it wasnt happy with the lighting. Thats why wanted to ads a third light

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back