Can I plug a Apex EB832 into this...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twodogsnnc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Gfci is best I would use that only for the heater and return pump to keep things moving.
 
https://www.amazon.com/APC-Battery-Protector-Charging-BE600M1/dp/B01FWAZEIU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=backup+power+supply&qid=1560085783&s=gateway&sprefix=backup+p&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Was thinking it would provide a little bit of run time and in a power outage as well as provide surge protection. Or am I better just plugging the eb832 directly into my gfci plug?

Thanks.

I definitely recommend plugging your Apex into a UPS first, then GFCI.
Not only does it give you some runtime protection, but it keeps the power clean and steady, which the Apex appreciates.
It's then possible to set up the Power Monitor feature, which will let you shut down everything except your return pump and powerheads when there's an outage.
You could keep your heater on too, but a UPS of that size won't last long at all if it's powering a heater.
 
I have my apex brain plugged into a UPS via the optional adapter. I have found my apex to really not like losing power, even for a moment. I don’t bother plugging energy bars into it. They just go directly to the mains (though I have a standby by generator, so only a very short lower loss).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new