Can I put 60 Gallon Cube Tank in Upper Floor

pjord500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting 60 gallon cube tank in upper floor of building and am worried about it falling thru. I will put it in the corner area of building where the two exterior walls meet. Any advice to doing this would be appreciated.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Putting 60 gallon cube tank in upper floor of building and am worried about it falling thru. I will put it in the corner area of building where the two exterior walls meet. Any advice to doing this would be appreciated.
It is impossible to answer this here unless you know exactly what the construction is. its about 700 LBs once you get the stand, equipment, water, etc. Most likely it would be fine. Is it a private house? An Apartment? An old/ new building? Do you own/Rent? (some rental units prohibit it).

I might (if possible) ask your vendor (where you're getting the tank) to check it out. One issue is that as compared to, for example, a 50 gallon long tank, the weight will be distributed more closely together.

I'm sure an architect or builder here can easily answer this question - based on the answers to the questions I posed above. Good luck with your tank!

OP
OP
pjord500

pjord500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is impossible to answer this here unless you know exactly what the construction is. its about 700 LBs once you get the stand, equipment, water, etc. Most likely it would be fine. Is it a private house? An Apartment? An old/ new building? Do you own/Rent? (some rental units prohibit it).

I might (if possible) ask your vendor (where you're getting the tank) to check it out. One issue is that as compared to, for example, a 50 gallon long tank, the weight will be distributed more closely together.

I'm sure an architect or builder here can easily answer this question - based on the answers to the questions I posed above. Good luck with your tank!
Actually its going to my parents place, moving to another state and bought them a tank to make an easy move from my tank to the cube. The have a pretty new home that seems very well built.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back