Can I put a jellyfish in my reef tank ?!

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your words.. i wouldnt be a *Dummy* and not do my research before buying said fish... Also you can remove rock work and corals to get to said fish.. Or maybe attempt a catch around feeding time.. i feed all of my fish with Tongs which gets them use to being around nets as well so its easy to catch/relocate them...
Yellow coris wrasse have not touched corals another one who loves reasearch and is a professional...they eat invertebrate soooo if you don’t know the facts don’t say anything ??

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude he knows what a coris wrasse is lol

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow coris wrasse have not touched corals another one who loves reasearch and is a professional...they eat invertebrate soooo if you don’t know the facts don’t say anything ??
yeah and some people have luck with mandarin eating Mysis shrimp while a good majority of them do not and will not..
thats failed logic to buy something based off just 1-3 peoples luck with getting a well behaved fish.. you gotta go for the majority %..

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
???? I guess you know more then then tho right

Attachments

• BF435455-5553-4BE3-86C3-2A492C23C5C8.png
    BF435455-5553-4BE3-86C3-2A492C23C5C8.png
    467.1 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take the pic right now however color you want it he’s alive and fat I can post a video saying some nice words for you in the background if you wish I don’t kill animals

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obv specimen to specimine but had mine for almost a year now and has only eaten worms no snails or anything

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
???? I guess you know more then then tho right
Since you want to use other peoples experiance as a example here's one off this site..

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obv specimen to specimine but had mine for almost a year now and has only eaten worms no snails or anything
exactly.. i got a Clown goby.. mine doesnt nip my SPS while some others do.. its a chance you take with fish as they all have different behaviors.

RedSeaReefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take the pic right now however color you want it he’s alive and fat I can post a video saying some nice words for you in the background if you wish I don’t kill animals
You’re gonna kill that jellyfish. That’s if you actually get it. Considering you’re probably a kid let’s hope your parents tell you no.

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity OP why did you post asking if you are set on doing it either way?
I was asking for advise from people who might have tried I’ve found no stories of them even attempting but everyone wanted provide nasty feedback now I wanna do it to prove them wrong or if I’m wrong I’m apologize and bring it to the lfs

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re gonna kill that jellyfish. That’s if you actually get it. Considering you’re probably a kid let’s hope your parents tell you no.
Maybe you need to go get your reading glasses I just said my age

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asking for advise from people who might have tried I’ve found no stories of them even attempting but everyone wanted provide nasty feedback now I wanna do it to prove them wrong or if I’m wrong I’m apologize and bring it to the lfs
Good luck dude I’m honestly rooting for ya

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck dude I’m honestly rooting for ya
Ty! I think it’ll be fine and a lot of “pros” on here will feel very stupid I’ll do everything to keep it alive lol well I guess I’m the first one to give it a shot ! Drum roll plzzzzx

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i can speak for everyone when i say no one wants to see a tank fail in anyway. its not just about us Owners its also about the fish as well. i do hope it works out i truely do but from what im aware of it has a high chance of it not working out. Best of luck though as its almost 10PM and i got work at 5am.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want you to say, on video, "Rubberfrog is the man!" It would be awesome to post in other threads when someone disagrees with me.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't take a ton of time and effort to make a psuedo kreisel I can even send you the plans to make one diy for next to nothing. Biologists wouldn't have taken the time and effort to design a system for jellyfish/plankton culture if they didn't need to. Jellyfish are model organisms in lots of studies relating to genetics and they use compounds from jellyfish in genome/DNA studies. Its been tried hundreds of times and always ends in the beautiful creatures death. Please for the sake of the jellyfish, reconsider.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back