Can I redo my aquascape in an established tank?

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one thread on here (actually from last week too) on the same topic - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/changing-reef-scape-with-established-rock.892008/

I want to change my aquascape to create an NSA but am left with a couple of questions...
Firstly, is this even feasible considering I have four anemones and corals? Do I just leave the livestock in the tank while I do this?

So I am wondering if my best bet is to pull out all the rock, break it up with the chisel and hammer while periodically spraying it with salt water and then glue it together outside the tank before dropping it all in.

Also, which glue should I use with this? I know epoxy has to be dry and I double the Seachem reef glue I use is strong enough.

Lastly, any advice to take advantage of the dimensions of my tank are appreciated - one of my gripes with the current scape is I didn't take advantage of the fact my tank is rather tall.

Here is a picture of what the tank looks like - please excuse the algae :) currently being cleared up.

IMG_3694.JPG

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely yes I have changed mine multiple times with no harm done. I’d really take the time to find inspiration for your design before proceeding. Good luck.

OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start a mixed reef and add branching sps to the top of you rock. They will grow up and fill in the space.
I think this will be the move. That was originally my intent - maybe once I get my water chemistry under better control and better optimize flow I’ll try my hand again.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back