Can I save a bailed torch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AVVITT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AVVITT

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
139
Reaction score
70
Location
Reading
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the last few weeks I've had a few LPS bail. ICP test showed nothing untoward so it was put down to a few different factors which when brought together seemed to stress a few corals. The tank is settled and all other corals are fine.
I just found the head of the last torch to bail nestled between some rocks and apart from the fact is has no skeleton, it looks pretty happy.
I have put it in a mesh bag and trapped the bag on some rock just a bit lower than where it used to be.
Is there anything I can do to save it. Can I reattach it to the skeleton or will it regrow one?

IMG-20220906-WA0011.jpeg
 
Someone had a hammer head grow a new skeleton. So it's worth a try. Unlikely but still worth it. The skeleton has a good chance of growing a new head so don't throw it out either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new