Can I Save It?

njtiger aquariums

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
513
Reaction score
520
Location
NV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok a buddy of mine sent me this purple digi about 2 months ago. It has been chilling in the back of my tank but this weekend I decided to move it to the front. If I recall I believe it was still purplish with polyps but I can't say 100% (might had been alage). Today I came home from work and found my anmenonoe basically on top of it. My buddy said it's dead. My question is should I try and see if it comes back or remove it from my tank?

1450137429760.jpg


1450137441954.jpg
 
I've had monti come back from nothing, so you never know. Could take a couple months before it shows any new growth, though. You could put it on a frag rack and forget about it and maybe it will come back.
 
ya no point of ditching it...keep it and see what happens...i've bought a couple bleached out white montis for cheap from LFS, took a few months but they came back
 
might want to snip some of the top off though, it allready has algae growth forming from the looks of pic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new