Can I use human seaweed for my fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter wingster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I make a lot of Miso soup and I use Wakame seaweed for this (amazon.com/Emerald-Cove-Silver-Seaweed-1-76-Ounce/dp/B00121884G/) Since there is always plenty left in the packs could I use that to feed whatever likes seaweed in my aquarium? It is a lot cheaper than seaweed from a pet store - almost a quarter ($3.50/oz) and ships free. If I can use this it would be awesome :)
TIA,
Birgit

Screenshot 2026-02-14 060958.jpg
Yes, as long as it's plain, dried wakame with no added salt, seasonings, oils, or preservatives. Many herbivorous marine fish, snails, and some invertebrates will happily graze on it. Just rehydrate a small piece, clip it in the tank, and remove any uneaten portions after a few hours to maintain water quality.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new