Can i use Reptisafe until more Seachem Prime arrives?

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in dire need of a water change from high ammonia but my order of prime doesnt get here till tomorrow. Can i use zoomed Reptisafe as an alternative?

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need prime to do a water change unless you maybe aren’t using rodi and have chlorine…If your trying to use the prime in the current water to detoxify the current ammonia I don’t think it’s going to do what you think it is

What happened?

OP
OP
XxAlex_OhxX

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need prime to do a water change unless you maybe aren’t using rodi and have chlorine…If your trying to use the prime in the current water to detoxify the current ammonia I don’t think it’s going to do what you think it is

What happened?
I dont know but i keep a bimac with a 2 inch mantle and a rockpool blenny. My guess is the bioload. My hob protein skimmer is removing them, but slowly. I know this as ive tested at least twice today in the morning and at almost midnight right now

OP
OP
XxAlex_OhxX

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What happened?
Thats why i use amguard (which im also out of) to hold it over temporarily until i can get a grip on it. Everything is kicking my butt right now.

OP
OP
XxAlex_OhxX

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why i use amguard (which im also out of) to hold it over temporarily until i can get a grip on it. Everything is kicking my butt right now.
Additionally, i placed chaeto in the tank a couple days ago, so hopefully in the future it can consume some of these byproducts

OP
OP
XxAlex_OhxX

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What happened?
Also i dont have an rodi unit. Still confused which one is the best.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe post a tank pic? There should not be ammonia in the tank if animals are in there, was the tank not cycled before adding livestock?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a false ammonia alarm post caused by a cheap non digital nh4 test kit easily searched as known misreading for thousands of reefers, is the bet

to discern ammonia status, post a pic of the tank, not the test kit. ammonia does not rise in a post cycle reef tank with rocks running normally. Only dead fish left to rot or a massive overfeed event can rise it

every post like this = no action needed, false alarm, animals are fine day to day / searchable pattern for false ammonia alerts

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back