Can I utilize a remote CaRX to farm effluent and then add it to a DoS for multiple tanks?

dcmoore214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, been lurking on here for a few months as I am new to reefing but have been a long-time freshwater enthusiast.

Here is my current situation, I have a Reef Octopus CaRX (SRO CR3000D 7" reactor) that I just acquired, but I have two tanks. One is a 150g DT with a 50g sump, and the other is an 80g DT with a 40g sump. I am using Apex Neptunes with Tridents on both setups. Since this reactor is so large, I was wondering if I could set it up in my garage and run saltwater through it on a loop to recirculate the effluent into the reactor. Then I could store the super-concentrated effluent in a container and add it to my dosing with the Neptune DoS.

Does this, or a variation of this, seem possible?

PS - thanks to all the contributors on this forum for making the jump from fresh to salt so much easier for me!

archercorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think this isn’t good idea. Sounds like a lot of trouble vs just running a ca reactor for each or just dosing 2 part. Both are frankly fairly cheap methods

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe its too much work especially that water has to go through the reactor all day to get the needed amounts for ur consumption. Recirculating a small amount of water through a reactor will probably cause very low pH in that water and /or precipitation. Also keeping the water level of both tanks steady is a limiting factor to how much water you can add. Your beat bet would be to connect both tanks into one system if physically possible or separate dosing for each.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back