Can my bangai be saved?

mujimran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my Bangai cardinal on the sand bed this morning. Thought it was dead but when I tried to pick it up its still alive but can’t straighten up or swim at all.

Anything I can do to save it?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my Bangai cardinal on the sand bed this morning. Thought it was dead but when I tried to pick it up its still alive but can’t straighten up or swim at all.

Anything I can do to save it?
When a fish is moribund, close to death, there is rarely anything that can be done for it. Damage control is most important, trying to ensure whatever is wrong with it doesn’t spread to other animals. Sometimes, if it is a water quality issue, moving the fish to a new tank can save it, but if it is a disease, medications aren’t going to work fast enough.
Below my name here is a link to a file that outlines what unfortunately is helpful for us to know about your tank in order to figure out what is going on.
Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mujimran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a fish is moribund, close to death, there is rarely anything that can be done for it. Damage control is most important, trying to ensure whatever is wrong with it doesn’t spread to other animals. Sometimes, if it is a water quality issue, moving the fish to a new tank can save it, but if it is a disease, medications aren’t going to work fast enough.
Below my name here is a link to a file that outlines what unfortunately is helpful for us to know about your tank in order to figure out what is going on.
Jay
Tested salinity, it is at 1.028. I know it should be between 1.023 - 1.025. I am going to do water change today and make sure its in accepted range but is 1.028 really that high?

Ammonia, NO2 NO3 levels are food. Ph ar 7.8

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested salinity, it is at 1.028. I know it should be between 1.023 - 1.025. I am going to do water change today and make sure its in accepted range but is 1.028 really that high?

Ammonia, NO2 NO3 levels are food. Ph ar 7.8

1.028 is about what the Red Sea runs, so that by itself wouldn't be causing this. What other animals are in the tank and how do they look?

Jay

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree with Jay, Although 1.025 is favorable, it is not the salinity thats its' issue. What are you feeding it and do you have a pic or two of the fish under white lighting ?
In My experience, any fish struggling to stay upright or properly swim is in distress and will have a low chance of survival.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back