Can somebody id what this is?

Trefaca

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Location
Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so I have this thing in the tank since almost begging and I have no clue what it is there was one other place where same looking guy appeared. It only sticks it's tentacles looking things and retracts doesn't so anything else so can somebody id this guy please?

IMG_20260309_174528.jpg
 

Attachments

  • VID_20260309_174649.mp4
    36.5 MB
It has like white little tentacles sticking in and out. Sorry I wasn't really specific where to look
 
I honestly still don't know if i'm looking at the right thing but I think I see a vermetid snail. look into them and if so often the fix is just snapping off the tube its made its home in and glue it off.
 
I honestly still don't know if i'm looking at the right thing but I think I see a vermetid snail. look into them and if so often the fix is just snapping off the tube its made its home in and glue it off.
There is no tube this guy is sticking out of the hole that looks like it's covered by like white webbing or some tissue
 
There is no tube this guy is sticking out of the hole that looks like it's covered by like white webbing or some tissue
my bad i'd missed the video and thought it was just a preview window. To me that looks like a small brittle starfish's legs but i've never had one in my display so others opinions might be helpful
 
my bad i'd missed the video and thought it was just a preview window. To me that looks like a small brittle starfish's legs but i've never had one in my display so others opinions might be helpful
Yeah I was thinking that it might be the case because when I set the tank up put the rock in there was a teeny tiny one but then she disappeared and I haven't seen her ever again out. But it's been now two months since the tank is running and that's all it does sticks it's "legs" in and out in that specific spot since then
 
Brittle Star. That type will not get much larger and is harmless.
 
Thank you for your answers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new