Can someone help identify this worm under the microscope?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AVEN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AVEN

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
28
Reaction score
82
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I recently found a very small worm in my reef tank and took some microscope pictures of its head. There are many thin tentacle-like appendages on it, much more than 5, which makes me think it’s not a Eunice worm, although at first I was afraid of that.

It is a 2 cm long worm, I’m assuming it might be a spionid polychaete or something along those lines, but I could sure use some expert confirmation or denial.

Thank you for your help!

IMG_1951.jpeg


IMG_1950.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the entire worm?
I don't have a complete picture of the body. But from what I saw under the microscope, it was very similar to a fireworm.
 
Can you take a pic of the worm in white light ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new