Can someone help me ID these

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjb301
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rjb301

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2025
Messages
23
Reaction score
10
Location
Stafford
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have things growing on my GSP and I have no clue what they are. I attached three pictures, two have things circled in red that hopefully someone can help me identify. I know there are bristle worms hiding in the GSP, but haven’t noticed anything else.

The first picture is a cylindrical growth. The second picture are these grayish fuzzy things. I’ve removed some from the rear wall when I’ve done water changes to make sure I’m able to suck them out when they’re scraped off. No clue about the third picture.
IMG_2908.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg
 
I don't know what the second pic is, but the first and third look like pineapple sponges, they are harmless filter feeders, but they will multiply quickly if you have high pom and dom in the water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new