Can someone help me with a stock list?

omnihat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I’ve just set up a new reefer 350 and I’m looking for some opinions on my stock list. I do plan for a mixed reef.

I currently have 1 x Picasso clown that is transferred from an old tank. Is it too late to pair it up with a new clown? I figured if they don’t pair hopefully there’s at least enough room for them to be separate. Sadly my other one jumped a few months ago.

other stock ideas:
Flame or Cora beauty angel
Tomini tang
Fairy wrasse- thinking blueside?
bicolour blenny
Royal gramma
Mandarin fish (once fully established)

i’d also love a schooling fish maybe 3-5 blue chromis? would this be do able? I don’t want to over stock the tank!

I’d love any opinions or thoughts.
note I am in Australia so some fish aren’t really available!

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, this is a 75-gallon display tank, your stocking ideas look good, got a variety of fish of colors and sizes. I would say the tomini should be fine as this is basically just on the borderline. If you get it on the smaller side it will be able to grow into the tank. The dwarf angels are a 50/50 with reef safe, so just have to do your research on what they are going to pick at if anything and not to introduce those inhabitants into your tank too.

I personally would not add a schooling fish to this stocking list. 7-8ish fish is probably the sweet spot for this size tank. With the chromis, they are difficult to keep longterm in groups as they will kill each other off if not enough space. With keeping them, you need space and more frequent feeding which will mean your bioload with increase. And they are severely prone to uronema.

I would stick with your current plan and in the future after some research and an established system with proper nutrients before risking it with the chromis.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I’ve just set up a new reefer 350 and I’m looking for some opinions on my stock list. I do plan for a mixed reef.

I currently have 1 x Picasso clown that is transferred from an old tank. Is it too late to pair it up with a new clown? I figured if they don’t pair hopefully there’s at least enough room for them to be separate. Sadly my other one jumped a few months ago.

other stock ideas:
Flame or Cora beauty angel
Tomini tang
Fairy wrasse- thinking blueside?
bicolour blenny
Royal gramma
Mandarin fish (once fully established)

i’d also love a schooling fish maybe 3-5 blue chromis? would this be do able? I don’t want to over stock the tank!

I’d love any opinions or thoughts.
note I am in Australia so some fish aren’t really available!
I have the XL300 so slightly smaller and here is my friendly community stock list that works well.

6 line wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse
Rohmboid wrasse
Pintail fairy wrasse
Blue streak cleaner wrasse
Indigo dottyback
Purple fire fish
Coral beauty
Fangtooth blenny
Tailspot blenny
Mandarin
Cleaner shrimp
Red fire shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Starfish
3 urchins
Snails

OP
OP
O

omnihat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, this is a 75-gallon display tank, your stocking ideas look good, got a variety of fish of colors and sizes. I would say the tomini should be fine as this is basically just on the borderline. If you get it on the smaller side it will be able to grow into the tank. The dwarf angels are a 50/50 with reef safe, so just have to do your research on what they are going to pick at if anything and not to introduce those inhabitants into your tank too.

I personally would not add a schooling fish to this stocking list. 7-8ish fish is probably the sweet spot for this size tank. With the chromis, they are difficult to keep longterm in groups as they will kill each other off if not enough space. With keeping them, you need space and more frequent feeding which will mean your bioload with increase. And they are severely prone to uronema.

I would stick with your current plan and in the future after some research and an established system with proper nutrients before risking it with the chromis.
Definitely hoping to get the Tomini small! I enjoy seeing the fish grow haha
Yeah I’ve seen mixed thoughts on chromis. But I think you’re right, better to not risk it. Thanks for your reply. I’ll stick with the current plan and down the track can always add something more if it’s all going okay.

OP
OP
O

omnihat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the XL300 so slightly smaller and here is my friendly community stock list that works well.

6 line wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse
Rohmboid wrasse
Pintail fairy wrasse
Blue streak cleaner wrasse
Indigo dottyback
Purple fire fish
Coral beauty
Fangtooth blenny
Tailspot blenny
Mandarin
Cleaner shrimp
Red fire shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Starfish
3 urchins
Snails
Oh thank you! How do you find the multiple wrasses, no issues with aggression?
I’m very keen to get an urchin once it’s all stable.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thank you! How do you find the multiple wrasses, no issues with aggression?
I’m very keen to get an urchin once it’s all stable.
I have no issues with my fish at all. Don't get an urchin until your tank matures and can support it. I have no nuisance algae now really so they consume coraline primarily.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back