Can someone please explain

Reefing_addiction

MOD for SBB Yoga Flame
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
22,694
Reaction score
54,086
Location
Westminster
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I am seeing in this picture. Yesterday he was stretched out. Night before he a clown sleeping in him. This morning has me scratching my head
3403126C-E01D-4A42-9667-6749A0862D88.jpeg
92CB1CB9-5172-46EB-8F7C-6BDFB1B1E014.jpeg
442972EF-61AA-4178-B7B3-77F4CA148FF1.jpeg
 
All of mine used to do that every night. They'd ball up when it was dark and come back out when the lights came back on.

Sometimes they would ball up for days at a time but eventually they would open back up and were fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
 
All of mine used to do that every night. They'd ball up when it was dark and come back out when the lights came back on.

Sometimes they would ball up for days at a time but eventually they all came out and were fine.
That’s the first time I’ve seen him do that. Just the day before he is pretty much out all the time. My clowns sleep in him. It looks like he swallowed all his tentacles
 
That’s the first time I’ve seen him do that. Just the day before he is pretty much out all the time. My clowns sleep in him. It looks like he swallowed all his tentacles

It could be that it ate something...any of your clean up crew missing? One of mine ate a hermit crab that fell into it and it stayed balled up like that until it spit out the empty shell.
 
Mine do that every night when the lights are out. It's how they protect themselves when the reef gets dark and the predators are on the hunt......
 
Its playing hide and seek (go freak the reefer out) typically normal. I'd be more concerned if it was deflated and not balled up.
 
It could be that it ate something...any of your clean up crew missing? One of mine ate a hermit crab that fell into it and it stayed balled up like that until it spit out the empty shell.
Haha that’s the first thing I did
2 clowns
1 Mandarin
2 cleaner shrimps
2 turbos
1 conch


All accounted for
 
Its playing hide and seek (go freak the reefer out) typically normal. I'd be more concerned if it was deflated and not balled up.
Figures! Freak me out right before work what a butthole! Like dude I ain’t got time for games.
 
I wouldn't worry about it...it'll open back up in time. I agree...deflated and not reinflating = bad. Balled up = just something they do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new