Can someone please id this for me :)

alexingalls09

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Location
Rapid City, South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this listed as s gigantea which from everything i read it matches darn perfectly buttttt!!!! i want to be 100% sure. Thanks to everyone who shares :)
 

Attachments

  • carpet anemone.jpg
    carpet anemone.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 304
It looks right but could pass for a ricordea too. Maybe someone else could help.
Bump!!!!,:bump2:
 
From the pic on my phone the tentacles look really short leading me to believe that it is S. Haddoni. Do you have a full shot of it instead of just the close up? I'll take another look at it when i get home on a bigger screen, till then maybe trex or someone can help better ID it
 
From the pic on my phone the tentacles look really short leading me to believe that it is S. Haddoni. Do you have a full shot of it instead of just the close up? I'll take another look at it when i get home on a bigger screen, till then maybe trex or someone can help better ID it

I dont but I measured the tentacles and they are about 5 to 8mm long. And on the bottom side he has the spots coming up the column. I'll try for a better pic tomorrow

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
the anemone in that picture is 10 inches across? it looks tiny!

if we could see a picture or a detailed description of the underside of this anemone that will greatly help with the ID.
 
It looks ticked off or not doing so well
Some questions
1.Can you get us a closer full shot of it?
2.Is it staying down by the sand or moving up into the rocks?
3.What type of lighting are you using?
4 How old is the tank?
5. What are you water parameters?
 
It looks ticked off or not doing so well
Some questions
1.Can you get us a closer full shot of it?
2.Is it staying down by the sand or moving up into the rocks?
3.What type of lighting are you using?
4 How old is the tank?
5. What are you water parameters?

Closer shot in the morning
Had it down buy the sand but got sucked up to my mp40 so good thing I use the mesh covers
T5 lighting at 54w bulbs 4 of them 2 are 420/460 actnic 1 10k and one purple
Tank is a year old just added the nem yesterday
Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate undetectable phosphate undetectable magnesium is 1200 salinity 1.025 calcium 500 pH 8.4 temp 75-78
 
Tank sounds to be running good and old enough. If it is staying toward the sand and not trying to move up into the rocks I would say Haddoni. Plus the tentacles look short. A healthy gig should look like a shaggy carpet,
 
Tank sounds to be running good and old enough. If it is staying toward the sand and not trying to move up into the rocks I would say Haddoni. Plus the tentacles look short. A healthy gig should look like a shaggy carpet,

I'm gonna wait a few weeks before I update pics because I saved him from petco so he could need time to recover from their tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new