can someone recommend a pump for saltwater mixing

Joe parrish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
179
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 30 gal tanks to have r/o in one and salt water in the other.

The tanks are 35 inch's tall, can someone recommend an external pump to suck water out of the bottom and return it to the top for mixing.

I have no clue how much flow I need, BUT THE CHEAPER THE Better!!
 
get you a DC pump. like a Jebao or something. they can be used externally as they produce much less heat.
 
I use an air pump and a large round circle air stone. . One less chance of contamination of they water due to faulty power head. Two turns the water over with out adding heat to the water. An it is quieter than using a power head my wife doesn't complain about the humming of the power head in the container when I am aerating the water to remove Co2 before adding salt and also during mixing of the salt.
 
If you want an external pump, check out the QuietOne pumps. They are low power, affordable and work great in my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new