Can SPS grow with LED lights ? Or it’s waste of money

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will get kicked forever... most folks have no idea what the OP was originally asking. They either lack the breath and depth of experience to understand, or just do not care.

At best you see response like "they all grow coral fine, but there are differences." The differences is what the OP wanted to discuss. These differences are real and productive discussions can be had around them, but I guess that you would have to curate the responers.

I find it hilarious that the two best actual coral growing vendors that I have ever seen have Photon V2 lights, yet when everybody talks about vendors they mention the sponsored coastal shops that cannot grow acropora with Radions nearly as well. Those shops would probably be using Photons too if they were not getting such strong financial incentives to use the Radions.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a nice blending of spectrums and a uniform blanket of light go with Halide/ t5. If you want a bunch of lazors each with their own color beaming down on different places on your reef go with LED. I use all three together on my 500 gallon.

Curiousbranching

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D311E15B-9AA9-417C-A521-73BD81231EBB.jpeg

reef & pond wise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 a360x kessil's over my 180 and my high end acros are growing and colored up perfectly! Plus, I have a glass lid.

moorea reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone successfully growing HIGH END SPS with LED lights ?
I’m not talking about Monti or cheap acro that grow with any light.
I have 240 gallon tank running for 2 years I have different SPS cheap and high end all cheap ones growing like weeds. While the high end like Rocky balboa and angry bird and rainbow fusion and HW and other expensive ones doing absolutely nothing. Almost a year.
From watching most successful SPS keppers on YouTube I see most of them using Halide !?
So are we paying so much money for LED just for the look ???

Or there are people who are successful keeping SPS with LED ?

Please share your thoughts and PICTURES if you growing SPS with LED.
the best reef lights today are led lights, I use Radion 30 pros, the same lights w.w.corals uses to aqua culture all their corals!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back