Can Tangs hurt themselves when 'tail whipping'?

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree, but thats fine. I only stir it to remove empty snail shells, not in any sort of intent. Its mostly them moving the sand not me.

Im also not sure you know exactly how much sand a fully grown diamond goby moves.
You got any videos? Also you have any issue with the sand going on top of corals?

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got any videos? Also you have any issue with the sand going on top of corals?
So I have an incredible amount of sand movement in my tank, I have a bonded pair of diamond gobies. My experience is not typical, They try to bury what they can, and they play basketball with any snail or hermit their mouth will fit around. I have a 3 inch deep sand bed and they move it, alot. I dont have issues with it going on corals, they dont spit it into the water column or anything, The way diamond gobies get sand on corals is by piling it up next to them for the most part.

Long story short, my sandscape is constantly changing and Im ok with that. My torches and hammers that I have on the sand bed are glued to rock pieces to keep them elevated.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back