Can this bridsnest be saved, and strange sponge

  • Thread starter Thread starter wareagle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wareagle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2019
Messages
161
Reaction score
135
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This piece was attacked by an emerald crab who is now gone. I caught him two nights ago eating algae at the base, but also occasionally picking at living tissue. I guess he went back for more after I scared him away, or the damage is spreading. There's also what looks like a regular sponge and this type with a hole in it. I've had one of these get massive and start to overgrow some GSP. Does anyone know if they're toxic and contributed to the damage? Should I scrape it off and eradicate them anytime I find them? It has slimy looking thin white skin with a single hole that I assume it eats from.
20190414_152116.jpg
 
Keep the sponges and clip the white parts off the birds nest so algae won’t grow in it. Looks like it has some polyps left in the base branch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new