Can tiger conch and nassarius survive without sandbed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RobertK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RobertK

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
892
Reaction score
992
Location
NorCal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a tank emergency and will be transferring my fish, corals, rocks and inverts (but not my DSB) to a temporary tank for a few months until I can get a new aquarium. I have a tiger conch and several nassarius snails - will they be OK in a bare bottom tank? I suppose I could transfer a thin layer of sand to the new tank, or I could take them to the LFS, if they need a sandbed to survive. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
 
I research Nassarius snails when I set up my bare bottom, and by all accounts they do just fine in a bare bottom. I have some for a few months now seem to be doing alright.

I cannot say for certain about the conch, but I'd like to know in case I'd like to add one other my bare bottom tank, though I would think in the short term he'd be fine 🙂

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new