Tiger/Strawberry Conch Behavior

William Sharkspeare

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
107
Location
a tropic sea
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone has had a similar experience.

I have had a Tiger conch in my 240 for a month now. It has always been super active and I have never had any trouble locating it. I have not seen it in a few days now. I have looked everywhere, all hours of the day/night. I have even moved a couple rocks and poked deep sand. I have no idea where this thing could be. My concern is that it has gotten stuck somewhere (although I honestly don't know where that could be).

Has anyone witnessed them climb glass? Could it be in my overflow? IM INT so very unlikely.

Do they go dormant for a period?

Anyone ever had to rescue a stuck one?

I added a silver lip conch last week. Does it feel threatened?
 
Dormancy is common for these guys although I have also seen mine make there way onto to the rocks as well, but never the glass.
 
Like others have said, mine disappears for days or even a week periodically.
I assume he just buries himself somewhere in the back for a break.

I have seen mine climb glass maybe 3 times in the 5-6 years I've had him.
Not often, but they do have ability to scale glass if they want to.

EDIT -- here's an old picture of mine climbing glass:

conch_on_glass1.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new