Can urchins get stuck?

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced a pin cushion sea urchin to my tank an hour ago and it moved into a little arch in my rocks. Now it might just be chilling out and adjusting but can they they stuck?. It’s spines touch the top of the arch etc but I assume it could back out if needed. I think the blood shrimp will be blocking the other side of the arch as that’s usually his hideout. Just preempting any possible issues.

Stevesw718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an urchin, don’t know what kind, but I’ve only seen it twice when moving rock around, it stays in the tightest places between rocks for some reason

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not certain - my tuxedo finds its way into some pretty strange places only it could seemingly get to. But I assume it has a pretty good idea as to where it is going/trying to get to. It has never been what I would consider “stuck” - they seem to be pretty capable little things.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s now wandering round the rocks so seems to be ok. I also got a watchman goby today. Glad I had a good look at it before it went in the tank as now it’s in the smallest hole under a rock

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back