Can we expect power monitoring/alerts soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work?
If you have a pump not on a UPS, eg skimmer. it loses power, your water level in the sump would rise.
Have a level sensor in the sump at the level the water level would hit if there is a power outage. float activates an alarm. I'm still new to the programming, so just a thought. I do admit its a rube goldberg way around a problem.

OP
OP
YankeeTankee

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work?
If you have a pump not on a UPS, eg skimmer. it loses power, your water level in the sump would rise.
Have a level sensor in the sump at the level the water level would hit if there is a power outage. float activates an alarm. I'm still new to the programming, so just a thought. I do admit its a rube goldberg way around a problem.
I'm not sure what this has to do with power monitoring but I am pretty sure you can add a sensor to your sump and be alerted if water reaches this level.

As for power monitoring, I'm mostly interested as it's a way of being alerted to equipment malfunction ie something should be on but is not drawing power, or something should be off but is drawing power.

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what this has to do with power monitoring but I am pretty sure you can add a sensor to your sump and be alerted if water reaches this level.

As for power monitoring, I'm mostly interested as it's a way of being alerted to equipment malfunction ie something should be on but is not drawing power, or something should be off but is drawing power.
Sorry, I thought power monitoring as in a Blackout situation.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I thought power monitoring as in a Blackout situation.
I'm not sure but I do not think the ghl can send you an alert when the power is out as the wifi router would be down. Does anyone know if this is true and what the ghl does or can do when the power goes out and your away but have app on phone?

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure but I do not think the ghl can send you an alert when the power is out as the wifi router would be down. Does anyone know if this is true and what the ghl does or can do when the power goes out and your away but have app on phone?

Prior to having a whole house generator, I would keep the controller and my router on a ups. Pumps would wait till I got to portable up and running.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prior to having a whole house generator, I would keep the controller and my router on a ups. Pumps would wait till I got to portable up and running.
They have a power monitoring outlet. So if that is what OP is looking for then it is there.
I was talking about monitoring power consumption. The switch channels show actual use. But can't log or report on it.

czynot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex already have power outage with heart beat.
I also get get txt from my Verizon that “power outage reported in your area”

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A "Heart Beat" notification is being worked on. Heard it's going to be better than the other controller.

I use the Line Mon feature. The tank is on it's own UPS and my router, desktop, and WiFi are on their own. I get a text & email when Power goes out. Also National Grid sends an email. Only downfall, if a tree or storm takes out the cable to, then all bets are off.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They used to have the SMS module - throw a cheap pre paid mobile SIM in it, put both on a UPS and and you had a power outage notification system.

OP
OP
YankeeTankee

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need to hook up the SMS module to a UPS. It has an internal battery so it can send the alarm message to your phone in case of power outage

What I am hoping for is something available with apex and not what you are describing.

I'm hoping for monitoring of power consumption on individual outlets of the powerbar so if for example my skimmer pump broke, GHL would text me and say "Skimmer pump not drawing power when it should be" in whatever more concise language they come up with.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I am hoping for is something available with apex and not what you are describing.

I'm hoping for monitoring of power consumption on individual outlets of the powerbar so if for example my skimmer pump broke, GHL would text me and say "Skimmer pump not drawing power when it should be" in whatever more concise language they come up with.
To simplify, we need power "Usage" monitoring/data collection, along with the current power "Outage" monitoring.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex already have power outage with heart beat.

heart beat is internet access verification. When I was using the duplo block I would get heartbeat notifications while sitting next to the tank.

That and trending I believe is on their things to add list.

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has power monitoring for individual sockets happened yet?
Id love to be notified when/if return pump breaks.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back