Can you convert Calcium Reactor into a Kalk Reactor?

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a calcium reactor and drip kalk to maintain levels. I am tired of adjusting bubble counts weekly. The system has 2 pumps, one for circulation and the other for effluent drip. I could put the circulation pump on a timer and remove c02/ bubble counter, remove media and replace with kalk. Just curious if anyone has converted their calc reactor to a kalk reactor. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess technically you could, but why would you?

My CaRX could put out MANY times the effluent alkalinity that a Kalk reactor could, plus it could that 24/7, where a Kalk reactor is only adding Ca/Alk for top off to replace evap water.

On my old system I ran both... only Kalk for a while, until my SPS got huge, then I needed the CaRx to keep up with demand.

OP
OP
reef life

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Orlando today picking up my new T-5's. Managed to stop in WWC on way home. They had to mop up the floor from me drooling over show tank. Vic said they still just dose Kalk + for their systems and no calcium reactor. They are the reason I went to BareBottom and now the Kalk. Might get a Kalk reactor and sell my calcium reactor.(Yes I did bring home some candy).)Lol.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I've been trying to figure out how to convert my kalk reactor into a calcium reactor :D

OP
OP
reef life

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking out some kalk reactors and they had aprox 3/8 line for drip /flow to possibly prevent precip/build up.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back