Can you have too many CUC

nawt2tawl1221

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Messages
70
Reaction score
64
Location
kingston NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have a 50 gallon tank I love the inverts. Starfish shrimp, snails, crabs. Can you over do it with inverts. I have two peppermint shrimp that come out at night. I want to get a cleaner shrimp also would love a fire shrimp to give a splash of red. I figure more cuc would balance it self since they are cleaning everything up. Any thoughts?
 
Having "too many" could lead to starvation for some of the cuc. Now if they were all fed enough it shouldn't be an issue but I wouldn't risk over doing it too much. Best of luck
 
You'd have to have a lot of inverts to overdue it in a 50g, 4 shrimp definitely won't hurt anything. If your LFS has trochus snails, I'd snag a few of those too!
 
If you're worried about them having enough to eat, get some long forceps and target feed the shrimp a few times a week, that's what I do for my hermits. It's fun watching them take mysis off the forceps lol
 
Great suggestions guys. Thank you. I usually feed at least twice sometimes 3 times a day. So I would like to think there is plenty for them all to eat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new