Can you help me ID these Zoas?

namlessdude

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
107
Location
Manitoba
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got a tank off of someone with a large selection of zoas that they've had. Some he sakd are much more valuable than others. I was hoping you guys can help me with IDs and I can lookup prices, or even provide me with a price range for the ones you know!

Thanks!

20250921_151003.jpg 20250921_151427.jpg 20250921_151419.jpg 20250921_151348.jpg 20250921_151345.jpg 20250921_151337.jpg
 
Hello! I got a tank off of someone with a large selection of zoas that they've had. Some he sakd are much more valuable than others. I was hoping you guys can help me with IDs and I can lookup prices, or even provide me with a price range for the ones you know!

Thanks!

20250921_151003.jpg 20250921_151427.jpg 20250921_151419.jpg 20250921_151348.jpg 20250921_151345.jpg 20250921_151337.jpg
1. Green bay packers
17. White zombies that lost their whites--I have ones that did just this
16. Hard to tell, maybe easier under blues with an orange filter.
15. Nuclear green palythoa--be careful with these. Fast grower that will take over everything and spread across rocks/glass if not isolated on an island. Also a higher producer of palytoxin, ask me how I know.
14. Maybe Tubb Blues?
13. Same as 16.
 
11. Eagle eyes (possibly whammin watermelons if ring is more red than orange)
10. Hard to see actual color/speckle of the oral disk, but may be strawberry wines
9. Maybe pink zippers
8. Maybe utter chaos
7. Sunny Ds
5. King Midas zoas
4. Another type of green palys
3. Kind of like blueberry fields but more purple. ???
 
It's a green palythoa look it up and compare It. I used to have a big colony but took the whole rock out and threw it. or bleach it if u want the rock still. usually hitchhiker some people like it but. And especially do not boil the rocks to clean that off it will get the whole house sick. From the poison steam. But if you don't touch them ever or mess with them they don't release the toxin. It's like a brown goo..
 
11. Eagle eyes (possibly whammin watermelons if ring is more red than orange)
10. Hard to see actual color/speckle of the oral disk, but may be strawberry wines
9. Maybe pink zippers
8. Maybe utter chaos
7. Sunny Ds
5. King Midas zoas
4. Another type of green palys
3. Kind of like blueberry fields but more purple. ???
Thank you very much for your help. Take a look at the attached pics. For 1, im not sure if that's right. I included 2 which i previously forgot. As for 9, could it also be pink winks paly? It grows like crazy and based on what you guys said that palys can take over, i can see this being more of a paly.

Finally, does the palytoxin affect corals and fish or is it just a risk to humans? If there's a risk of it nuking or killing fish then out with that rock!
 
It does not really affect the fish. When it was in my tank I did not notice anything close up unless the palythoa are very irritated. But I don't know for sure. but for sure that is green palythoa
 
17 is salted agave
10 is pink hippos
11 is Eagle Eyes
8 is Utter Chaos
2 is Shadow Prince
1 is Solar Flare?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new