Can you help me identify this?

ktigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Noobie here! Just signed up today.

A single, small red bulb that comes to a tip has popped up in my tank (on my sandbed), and I'm not familiar with it. I was going to take a picture, but when I went back to the tank to snap a picture, it has since moved or disappeared! I'm not sure what information you'd need (besides a picture). This is the first forum I've ever joined and my first post, too!

I have a 110g reef tank. Mostly frags of different mushroom varieties, 2 larger colonies of mushrooms, a 7 head hammer, a large long tentacle plate, and a very small amount of zoas. As for fish, I have a blue hippo tang, 2 ocellaris clowns (my kids love Nemo and Dory), 5 damsels, and a neon dottyback. I have 8 mexican turbos, 7 astreas, 6 nass, a couple blue legs, a serpentine starfish and a sand sifting star, and a fighting conch. I've recently experienced an algae outbreak that the cleanup crew are helping me with.

I have about 80-90 lbs of live rock (I know I need more, adding slowly). We recently moved houses, so my tank has experienced a mini cycle. I have 2 filter socks, a bag of carbon and a protein skimmer in my sump. I hope I hit most of the questions one might ask. So my question is, knowing what I have, can anyone help identify the mysterious bulb? My only guess was the a single bulb of a red tip anemone, which may have been a high jacker? I haven't added new live rock in a couple months. Again, just a guess, that's all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread! TIA for any information that I can research! I'll try to upload a picture as soon as I spot it again!

OP
OP
ktigs

ktigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds Like a mushroom. They pop up in strange places sometimes.

You know, that's exactly what I thought last night, there was a small mushroom where this "bulb" was!

It all makes sense! Thank you so much for your response!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back