Can you help me with me Kessil AP9x?

dropabomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can someone help me understand what I’m doing wrong on my program for my ap9x pair? I added a second ap9x and changed my lighting up a bit and now I notice the last two mornings that the lights come on around 6 am whenever my moon lighting goes off even though the lights aren’t scheduled to come on till 11am. I adjusted my moon timing to go till 8am as I don’t want the lights blaring at 6 am but why are they coming on? Noticed today at 20% intensity but when I go to the app I don’t see where they are tagged to be on? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Please note the 20% intensity showing on the Home Screen I can’t find a time/point on my schedule it’s getting that from. Please note schedule pictures. Thanks for any help.

IMG_0206.png IMG_0207.png IMG_0208.png

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you haven't programmed them to turn off. Your last point needs to be intensity and all add-in colors at 0. This is the only way the light will turn off.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree, there's no zero in your program. This is why I usually add/start my schedule 5 minutes before the lights turn on, so if I wanted my lights to turn on at 11am, my program start would be 10:55 - 0%, 11:00 - 20% (or whatever you want as a starting intensity). Then my shutoff time is 5 minutes past the hour/set point, 11:05 - 0%. Also, the moon cycle will start at your end program point and shut off at the start (I think that's how it works?).
You can simply start your program at 10:55 at zero and end it at 23:05 at zero and you would be fine. Does this make sense?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to think that the program slowly transitions between the points you put on the graph so if you never hit 0 then it will never turn off. In general, your starting and ending points should both be 0. The second point should be what the light starts to transition to when turning on and the second to last point should be what the light starts to transition from when turning off.

OP
OP
D

dropabomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips guys. So do I need to put a point at the end of my moon schedule to run from then till my lights come on at 11? Set it to 0 and 0? Thanks again

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Program the lights so that the start and end of your day have points at 0 then program the moon cycle to start at the off time and end at the on time.

OP
OP
D

dropabomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for everyone’s help. Made the adjustments. Let’s see if they work

so if I did it correctly I’m hoping for light son from 11am till 11pm. With moon on from 11pm till 6am. Lights out from 6am till 11am to do all over. Am I setup correctly? Also. Anyone have any other suggestions for lighting config? I’m doing
Mixed reef with fish and coral. Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0212.png
    IMG_0212.png
    113 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0213.png
    IMG_0213.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0214.png
    IMG_0214.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 25

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you need a longer peak period, 6-8hrs with the ramps on either side. Just make it simple. The color and intensity will be based on your preference (color) and coral's (intensity) needs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back