Can you mix instant ocean and reef crystals

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if any one had experience mixing the 2 salts together to lower the ALK and calcium I've been using reef crystals and I the tank was running good so I slacked off on water changes I started having issues with Dino's and cyano so I did a few water changes I think it made my ALK swing and it ticked everything off my calcium is pushing 500 and ALK is running around 8.3 should I just keep up with reef crystals I had good luck with until I slowed down on water changes and then picked back up maybe 10% weekly water changes instead of bi weekly 25%

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two mixes are pretty similar. It should work fine. The major thing is to watch for ALK swings but you seem to be aware of that.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back