Can you please help me with my RODI system

  • Thread starter Thread starter Djtonton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
1,752
Reaction score
162
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm so dumb lol I have gone through this for a couple years and I'm going to finally write it down now that I own this house.

Can you please tell me which container contains what so I can replace my RODI unit lol. Man I suck

So it's a 75 gpd unit I'm going to get a new membrane. I can't recall which container contains what.

Here's what it looks like

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1431654613.890259.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1431654628.921528.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1431654647.281308.jpg
 
#1 Looks to be the sediment filter #2 and #3 look as though they are carbon filters and #4 is what looks like Deionizing resin. The white tube on the top of those is the actual R/O membrane. Hope that helps you out!
 
Contact Russ at www.buckeyehydro.com there in Ohio, he can advise you and set you up with everything you need. Make sure you disinfect the system well before adding anything new.
 
+1 with wrongpolo.


My other suggestion would be to change the location of one of the sensors of what appears to be a dual TDS meter. Leave the one detector (sensor) on the line leaving the DI, but move the one that appears to be on the incoming tap water line over to the line going from the membrane to the DI resin canister. This way the two meter readings will show when your DI is exhausted and when you membrane is starting to die.
 
#1 Looks to be the sediment filter #2 and #3 look as though they are carbon filters and #4 is what looks like Deionizing resin. The white tube on the top of those is the actual R/O membrane. Hope that helps you out!

Awesome thanks so much!!!

Contact Russ at www.buckeyehydro.com there in Ohio, he can advise you and set you up with everything you need. Make sure you disinfect the system well before adding anything new.

Man good call i didn't even think about that I'm going to do that just to double check!


+1 with wrongpolo.


My other suggestion would be to change the location of one of the sensors of what appears to be a dual TDS meter. Leave the one detector (sensor) on the line leaving the DI, but move the one that appears to be on the incoming tap water line over to the line going from the membrane to the DI resin canister. This way the two meter readings will show when your DI is exhausted and when you membrane is starting to die.

good call never thought about that I'm going to make that switch!!!
 
Thanks everyone spoke with buckeye hydro and got all the supplies i need they were able to help me out on a sunday which was great. Great communication parts wil be in tomorrow thanks again for everyones help!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new