Can you remove the rubber bumpers from a finnex titanium heater element?

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are these magnetic mount ice cap heater holders that I was thinking of using and I'm pretty sure this heating element would slide in unless I remove the rubber bumper from the end. Can you remove the rubber bumpers from a finnex titanium heater element?

Finnex Deluxe Titanium Heating Tube, 300-Watt

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can check in about an hour when I get home. Never tried. I like them because they keep the heater off the glass or acrylic or in some of my cases plastic bottoms with out a holder. I have a few of them.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. At least not without breaking it probably. It may be glued or epoxied on or it may be part of the endcap of the heating element. I have an 800w that I am not using currently and I tried the hardest on that one, didnt budge. I thought I heard a creaking cracking noise so I stopped. I doubt I'll use it again but you never know. I am going to go find my dvom now and drop it in a bucket of water to see if there is any voltage leak....lol.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, sorry if I motivated you to damage it but thanks for looking into it.
Its all good. Its working fine with no issues. Its just kind of a back up at the moment. I dont have need of something that big right now. I heat or cool my fishroom to 76 degrees depending on time of year. The only tanks with heaters are the two salt tanks. All the fresh water tanks are good around 72.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back