Canary blenny not eating

Quandale applesauce

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a canary blenny yesterday from my local fish store. They have had him for two months in hypo-salinity and have been feeding him mysis shrimp and some sea weed. He is in a quarantine tank by himself with two sponge filter, a hang on the back filter, and some pvc for bacteria growth and he also has a good amount of room to swim. He swims around a lot and will sometimes perch on the wall. He seems to be doing okay for now but the only problem is he is not eating anything I give him. I have tried mysis, calanous, frozen brine shrimp, and sea weed. Whenever I feed he seems to go look at the piece of food and it’s almost like he’s deciding if he should eat it or not and then he just doesn’t eat it.

Thanks for your suggestions
QA
 
My excellent LFS recommended trying garlic power (bright well aquatics). I put two drops on the mysis as it thaws then wash it off with a few rinses. The blenny loves it.

QA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new