Candy Cane coral a bit dark at base?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EvilNick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EvilNick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
34
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's normal and it doesn't look too be getting worse but I noticed my candy cane frag looks slightly brown at the bottom. Don't really remember if I noticed this at purchase or if I should be worried. Could it possibly be just where it was split to frag?

I was trying to get a pic but can't really tell in pics and not really able to find anything online about it.

Thanks.
 
I wont assess without pics - if you can , please provide a couple of pics under white lighting. Dont think its an algae issue but have other suspicion.
 
Ill try to get some tonight when Im doing a water change. Its def not algae.
 
PXL_20221008_004226252.jpg


This is a decent shot. Kind of looks like algae tho in this pic. Should I try brushing it off?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new