Candy cane coral splitting?

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my candy cane showing signs of splitting? Seems to be more of an oval shape now.
IMG_4572.JPG

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep it's splitting alright. Leave it alone and you will have 2 heafs in no time. Then 4, 8, 16, 32 and so on. That's how the addiction starts, coral growth! :)

So cool. First time having a candy cane. Just noticed the difference today. Watching coral grow is pretty incredible, especially how quickly some grow (my yellow polyps are starting to worry me in my other tank)

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah man, coral growth is what keeps you in all of this madness I swear. With candy canes, you can also watch them develop a second mouth before it completely splits. They are one of my favorite fast growers for sure. Congrats!

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah man, coral growth is what keeps you in all of this madness I swear. With candy canes, you can also watch them develop a second mouth before it completely splits. They are one of my favorite fast growers for sure. Congrats!

Second mouth is there! Very new tank too. Glad to see them growing. My frogspawn has gotten huge from only a month ago. There's also a sexy shrimp hidden in this picture
IMG_4568.JPG

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was doing the same, but earlier this week it was knocked off it's spot overnight and I found it face down in the sand in the morning. I glued it back but one of the heads lost some tissue and the one that was looking like it was ready to split got all puckered up and I thought it was a goner. This morning there looks to be more tissue growing back and the other one is back to splitting mode again....phew!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back