Candy cane pistol shrimp compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter caveman28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

caveman28

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i'll keep this short and sweet. I've seen a lot about pistol shrimp messing with corals and macroalgaes when they dig, but that candy cane pistol shrimp are less of a problem since they're smaller.

The macroalgaes are more important to me than the corals as i'd rather have only macros than only corals.
So I just wanted to hear everyones experiences with candy cane pistol shrimp and corals/macroalgaes. Thanks in advance
 
I have one, I do see it sometimes, though mine is with a Goby that may give the shrimp more confidence. They stir the sand, and *might* bury a coral, but I don't see one burying a growing piece of macroalgae.
 
I have one, I do see it sometimes, though mine is with a Goby that may give the shrimp more confidence. They stir the sand, and *might* bury a coral, but I don't see one burying a growing piece of macroalgae.
Ya i saw mine a little when I had it and a goby in an 8g . I moved them into a 20g a few months ago and never saw either again and the only other fish was a possum wrasse. I broke that tank down last night and only found the shrimp. Now he's hiding out in a 40g lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new