Candy cane polyp bailout, can it be saved?

jmad147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of the polyps detach during transport from the lfs. I've kept it in a cup in rubble for over a month. When it inflates it floats up and out of the cup. Is this guy a goner or should I attempt to glue it down? I know these guys are cheap and common, but I don't like to lose anything especially if it can still be saved.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen them re-attach in my tank. I had my Pencil urchin mow over the top of a large colony and remove about 25 heads. They floated for months and slowly disappeared

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bail out is exactly what it is called- once detached will survive temporarily but eventually perish.

OP
OP
J

jmad147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen them re-attach in my tank. I had my Pencil urchin mow over the top of a large colony and remove about 25 heads. They floated for months and slowly disappeared
That's the answer I was afraid of. :(
Bail out is exactly what it is called- once detached will survive temporarily but eventually perish.
I don't get it, if bail out is a death sentence how is it a last ditch effort?

Since its inevitable, I will attempt to glue it down.

Thanks guys for the response.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it fare? Did it make it? I had a polyp bail last night. I think it got annoyed by the feather dusters that started to grow right next to it.

Back