Candy Cane Sweepers?

ArtifishaI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Messages
135
Reaction score
151
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this Candy Cane frag about 2 weeks ago
They almost always have these little hair / polyps/ sweepers out.
Im second guessing that these are even trumpets :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
All the pictures I see of Candy Canes dont have these hairs
Can someone explain?
Thank you
IMG_0416.jpg


IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0417.jpg
 
Got this Candy Cane frag about 2 weeks ago
They almost always have these little hair / polyps/ sweepers out.
Im second guessing that these are even trumpets :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
All the pictures I see of Candy Canes dont have these hairs
Can someone explain?
Thank you
IMG_0416.jpg


IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0417.jpg
Mine shoot out their feeding tentacles at night. I’ll try to catch a picture later.
 
Got this Candy Cane frag about 2 weeks ago
They almost always have these little hair / polyps/ sweepers out.
Im second guessing that these are even trumpets :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
All the pictures I see of Candy Canes dont have these hairs
Can someone explain?
Thank you
IMG_0416.jpg


IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0417.jpg
Can we have pics of the coral under white lights only. From the pictures alone I’m seeing Blastomussa merletti aka Pipe Blasto.
 
I agree it appears to be a blastomussa merletti.
 
I have some candy canes that have actual sweeper tentacles. None of my other candy canes do this.
IMG_8209.jpeg
Oh wow, thanks for sharing this, didn’t know they could send out sweepers as well. I have never caught mine doing this so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new