Canopy and hiding wires

Aenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm kind of new to reef to reef but was told that it's a great place to get information and help so where I'm at right now I just tore down my 75 gallon tank and moved everything into 180 gallon tank but I have so many wires hanging all over the place and I don't know what to do because my tank is a partial peninsula just looking for a good idea for maybe a canopy or something that I can use to get all the lights wired up to where they don't have cords hanging everywhere please help

OP
OP
A

Aenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would it be better to build a hanging canopy or a canopy that I can just set directly on top of my tank unfortunately whenever I moved from my 75 gallon to my 180 gallon I was unable to get my 55 gallon refugium underneath so now I have no sump I'm just running a canister filter so I have a lot more cords that I really want LOL my heaters are inside of the tank now I feel like this is just a big mess at this point

OP
OP
A

Aenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was just set up yesterday I still have to move my aquascape around put the doors on the bottom figure out what kind of canopy build I'm doing so don't mind the mess

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your goal is to hide wires/electronics, then a canopy that sits on top of the tank is going to better than a floating canopy. For a sump you could get a 40 breeder from Petco when they do a dollar per gallon sale then silicone baffles into it. There's also kits on ebay which is the route I went with my sump. The baffles are acrylic, but I didn't have any trouble getting them held in place with a good silicone and cleaning the mating surfaces with isopropyl alcohol.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back