Can't afford ReefLink. Yet. How to put mp10 into standby using an old controller.

gldlp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slooowwwllly upgrading an old system. So old that it's controlled by a reefkeeper light. I bought 2 ecotech mp10 pumps and I'm amazed by the improvement in tank flow that I'm seeing over my old sicce voyagers. My problem is finding a place for the mp10 controllers. Is there a danger to plugging both of the mp10 controllers into the old tank controller and just cutting the power twice a day for feeding by going to standby mode on the reefkeeper? That way I only mount one control panel on outside of cabinet and one button shuts down the powerheads and return pump. When I can afford another shopping day for the tank, I swear I'll pick up a reeflink.

Thanks in advance.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the power outage would actually hurt the MP's, but a call into Ecotech might be in order. Their customer service is awesome. I'd hate to recommend something that might actually hurt the pumps. An answer from the proverbial horse's mouth is where I would start

OP
OP
gldlp

gldlp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That's what I'll do. I'm more fearful for the electronics in that controller than the mechanical part.

OP
OP
gldlp

gldlp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It’s been a while. Restarting a really old tank. I’ve been watching as much YouTube as I can and now I’ve got this place!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back