Can't catch a break . Ich again?

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short after 3 weeks of hypo I lost all my fish within 36 hours. It has been almost 3 weeks since then. Last week I setup a qt tank and sunday purchased a small koran angel. It is now tuesday and I found a single spot on its fin. Do not want to jump the gun and start a treatment for one spot but want to catch it before things get worse. Should I start lowering salinity? My other thoughts were to order a bunch of heaters and sponge filters and go buy a few 10 gallons to give TTM a try. Anyone have any recommendations? Would I be jumping the gun starting treatment for one spot ?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels commonly get lympho. Do you have any pics of the fish?

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope dang thing is too fast to get a picture. Does not look like lympho at all. Its very small and not cottony / fluffy. I wish it was lympho haha

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a small fin fracture is another thing it can possibly be. It does the common side ways swimming thing that smaller angels will do and it is always that fin that touches the bottom of the tank. Many years ago when I had an emp angel it would swim like that until it changed colors but I can't remember if ever damaged the fin doing so .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back