OP
OP
B

Boaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been changing 25% water every 2 days in the both tanks. Since the 40 was a new tank and wasn't cycled before. The seachem badges show 0.05. That's the tank I lost the family members. TBH - I had the Gem in its own 10 gal for 2 days, then moved him to the 40. I didn't like the water clarity in the 10g. The 20 gal was pre-cycled and all fish are looking better. It has 4 fish, including the PBT, who looks better. Just filter floss for both tanks.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been changing 25% water every 2 days in the both tanks. Since the 40 was a new tank and wasn't cycled before. The seachem badges show 0.05. That's the tank I lost the family members. TBH - I had the Gem in its own 10 gal for 2 days, then moved him to the 40. I didn't like the water clarity in the 10g. The 20 gal was pre-cycled and all fish are looking better. It has 4 fish, including the PBT, who looks better. Just filter floss for both tanks.
You should get another ammonia test (not the API kit though) just to keep closer tabs on the ammonia better than the badge will.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back