OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with Exotic Marine Overflow. It's dead silent since I can raise the water level in the external box to match the water height of my display tank. Also It moves a lot of water since there are no teeth of the weir. It also does not increase the water height as much since there is no teeth. The nice thing is when I turn off my flow of my return pump I actually get less water in the sump due to less water height increase without the teeth.
Im not sure i like the long teeth, seems like small fish will end up living in the sump all the time haha. The other thing i dont like is how wide the boxes are, it puts you at around 6” off the wall

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i can see that happening also with shrimp or small snails. but i don't have any fish yet went tube sliding down the sump yet lol. well see. Idk why the box is 5 inch big but im going to guess for flow? Or bulkhead/plumbing space? Ig if you want your tank right up againts the wall maybe it makes a difference? But if you have space i dont really notice it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back