Cant for the life of me connect MP40 to reeflink

DeepReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought brand new vortech mp40 and Im trying to connect it with reeflink, struggling to connect it reeflink, I have another mp40 which is connected with no issue, I did try factory reset and firmware update still cant find the device, help would great .
Thanks

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if the mp40 acts the same as the lights. But when I bought a used light it was already linked to a prior reef link, I had to do some special instructions with the usb cable to get it switched.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought brand new vortech mp40 and Im trying to connect it with reeflink, struggling to connect it reeflink, I have another mp40 which is connected with no issue, I did try factory reset and firmware update still cant find the device, help would great .
Thanks
If it’s a brand new model, then it won’t work on reeflink without being downgraded to previous software.
mall new pumps come preloaded for mobius.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the manufacturing date?

Newer ecotech products are setup to use thier new app(mobius) and not reeflink as thats being discontinued. You have to downgrade the firmware to be able to use it in reeflink.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a brand new model, then it won’t work on reeflink without being downgraded to previous software.
mall new pumps come preloaded for mobius.

I was typing as you posted. lol

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had the same issue with a new MP40 I just purchased. I had to rollback to Ecosmartlive firmware as stated in the previous posts. Worked fine after that. On a side note, Ecotech has no plans on implementing a feed mode into ecosmartlive that doesn't shut off ALL pumps (including the main return pump). They were trying to push me to use Mobius which I guess will do that.

Back